Inspect your roof
- Does the roof seem to have swelled in one or more places?
- Is there debris, branches or leaves?
- Are drains and gutters clogged or in poor condition?
- Are the joints cracked?
- Does the shingle have a tendency to sag?
- Are there stains, organic matter or mold?
- Does water accumulate on the roof for more than 48 hours after heavy rain?
- Is it wet? Is there presence of strong or abnormal odors?
- Are some roof trusses (the structure of the roof) sagging or shackling?
- Are there spots, fungi or mold?
- After heavy rain, are there water marks on the materials?
- Are insulating materials (mineral wool, urethane, etc.) in good condition and in good condition?